Friday 3 February 2012

Reality Check

On Monday I had my graduation photos taken and it suddenly clicked in ... I'm in my final semester of College and I'm going to be graduating soon. I became really excited but at the same time a little anxious and upset.

I became anxious because my entire College experience is coming to an end. I have enjoyed my time at SLC and I only hope that my future employment experiences are the same. I worked last year and recently began working again as the SLC Convocation Assistant. This is a position that is only given to students and I love every moment I spend working. I plan on continuing in the events field and I am a little upset that I cannot continue working this position as it is only given to students. However, even though this position will be ending I am happy to be able to use all the relevant experience I have gained in the future.

I was a little upset because I know that I will no longer be able to see all the people I have built relationships with at the college. A lot of my fellow classmates will be moving out of town and one of the benefits of being in college is you really get to know pretty much all of your classmates. I feel we have built up a little IMC family and I'm sad that it is coming to an end.

Even though I was feeling a little anxious and upset I know that graduation is just the end of one chapter of my life and I'm really excited for the next chapter to being.   

3 comments:

  1. Shanika you did a spectacular job at the last convocation and I have never seen you do anything less then amazing! You are going to go one and create/organize and promote wonderful events and I can't wait to see them! And who knows, maybe we have have a reunion in 10-20 years! :D

    Enjoy your graduation. You earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanika,

    I am very excited to go to convocation and see all of the hard work you have put in. You have done a great job with all the events you have assisted with this past year, especially Trends Talk. I had a similar feeling to you when I was getting my grad photos taken. It really made me think, this is my last semester and last few months of being a student.

    Congrats on all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words ladies. I hope we have a reunion and everyone can come back and talk about all the accomplishments we will make once finished college.

    ReplyDelete