Thursday 26 January 2012

Something All My Own

TrendsTalk 2011, the first official un-conference by the third years of IMC.

Last semester I was given a grand opportunity - the chance to coordinate my very own event. If you have taken a look at my profile info you know that events are my passion and this was the real deal! From choosing a location to giving input on promotional pieces, I was there every step of the way helping TrendsTalk grow into the event I knew it could be.

Coordinating this event made me learn something, being an event planner is one of the most stressful and chaotic positions I've ever had ... but I loved every minute of it. There is no better feeling than planning an event and watching everything roll out on the big day. If you want to learn more about TrendsTalk take a look at the website at http://TrendsTalk.com.

After completing my program at St. Lawrence College I plan on continuing into the event field and I cannot wait for everything to get started. I haven’t yet decided what specific types I want to get into but in the mean time I’m getting as much experience as I can so that I’m prepared for the field.  

No comments:

Post a Comment